Hello, shiny, beautiful you! Welcome to The Willows East Tarot Society -- a spiritual safe haven in the Green Mountains of Vermont! For pics and (almost) daily updates about what we're doing, follow me on Instagram, @willowseast.
To challenge you to use your own intuition, Tarot, journaling, and planning to create your most fulfilled life.
What You'll Need
Yep, we're starting with YOU! You may not realize it yet, but there's a whole beautiful world inside of you -- memories, hopes, ideas, and deep intuition that our prompts and tools can help you unlock.
You ARE the magic. Not the cards we work with, the paper in your journal, nor the scene outside your window, but how you see it and interpret it -- that's where the fireworks are! There is no wrong way to read the cards, and the meanings may change, so don't overthink it. Just dive in!
Any notebook will do, but we like to use any one of the following:
- The Willows East Intuitive Journal, that has colorful pages with sections set up for you to log daily, weekly, and monthly spreads.
- Discbound journals (like Create365 or similar systems) that will allow you to customize your inserted pages.
- A small, portable binder that will allow you to add more pages as needed.
- A Bullet journal like a Moleskine with dotted pages.
Want more guidance in finding your perfect journal, check out our blog post: To Find Your Perfect Journal, Ask Yourself These 5 Questions.
Here at Willows East, we are passionate about using mainly Tarot cards to connect with your intuition and to write about your experience, but you may sometimes see us using Lenormand or Oracle cards too!
The Smith-Waite deck (shown here on Amazon) is a favorite. We mostly use this deck (also sometimes called Rider Waite) or similar ones in our work, for easy learning and consistency.
I promise that Tarot isn't as complicated as it seems, but I know that newcomers find it daunting. We have lots of Tarot resources on our site, and if you feel like you need a little more guidance, check out our Online Class: Intro to Reading Tarot or the shorter (freebie) version, Crash Course in Tarot.
Here are a few items you might be interested in as you get started:
- Our Free eBook (Download PDF): What is My Intuition, and Why is it Hiding in a Tarot Card?
- Sign Up For Our Newsletter (on the home page).
- A post about how to Love the Journey you're on.
- New to trying Tarot? Read about How I Learned All 78 Tarot Cards Fast or check out our Online Class.
- Want to connect with me and others on our intuitive journeys? Join our Facebook Group, and follow us on Instagram.
- Lots of Journal Downloads and Free Journal Downloads to print and paste into your journal.
- Want to connect further? Schedule a Reading with me.
Why Nurture Your Intuition?
Because I firmly believe that we're not on this planet to suffer. All we need is a plan to guide us, a focus, a happy thought, a spark of inspiration, a glimmer of hope, a moment of laughter, to drive us forward. And it's easy to find! Once we unlock our intuition, we can find that spark in a sign from a loved one, imagery in a Tarot card, or in a symbol we find on a sidewalk.